Cappadocia South Tour From Istanbul
Cappadocia South Tour From Istanbul
The Price : € 20.00
Select Date and Travelers
Duration : 1 Day
Start Location: İstanbul
- Wander through the lunar-like landscape of Cappadocia
- Explore churches, kitchens and water wells formerly used to support the existence of more than 20,000 people
- Visit Turkey’s largest excavated underground city, trek in the Ihlara valley, Ortahisar Castle and more.
- Take the best photographs you’ve ever taken at Pigeon Valley and Uchisar Castle
We’ll pick you up from your hotel early in the morning at the specified time.
- Pigeon Valley : Pigeon Valley is an area of Cappadocia that the local farmers have created over the years. Local farmers used to farm pigeon manure as they realised it was a rich resource of fertiliser for their crops and soil. So all these pigeon houses have been carved into the rock faces over the centuries. You make the stop to enjoy the view over the valley and the Cappadocia region.
- Rose Valley : Rose Valley is located behind the town of Urgup, but what makes it so interesting to most visitors and locals alike are all the walking tracks within the valley that link up all near by villages and small settlements. There are scattered vineyards and gardens throughout the valley and it is always possible to see the locals still working who will give you a taste of their product should you be luckly enough to walk past them.
- Underground City : The Christians who populated this area created these amazing underground cities when they were fleeing persecution back in the 14th Century. Some of the underground cities date back further than this and all hold an amazing moment of time from our ancient past. Be amazed at the architecture and the structure of these dwellings, which include many levels that separated the house dwellings from schools, cellars and even animal stables. Your tour guide will walk you through to show you how these people lived back in these ancient times of trying to flee and hide from persecution. You will be amazed by what you see.
- Cavusin Village : Cavusin Village is a labyrinth of rock houses scattered into the rock formations that make up the town. It is one of the oldest dwellings within Cappadocia and today you will visit the village to admire the amazing feat of how the locals have dug into these rocks to create their own homes, some of which date back many centuries. The village is also famous for housing the Church of John the Baptist which dates back to the 5th Century.
- Panoramic View of Goreme Esentepe Wish Will : Located between Uchisar and Goreme is a panoramic viewpoint which showcases the beauty of the crazy landscape that makes up Cappadocia. The Goreme Esentepe viewpoint overlooks the town of Uchisar as well as over the valleys that are scattered with the famous fairy chimneys of Cappadocia. The best panorama of the area, be sure your camera batteries are charged.
We will meet at your hotel lobby in Istanbul and transfer you to airport for your flight to Cappadocia. Take the flight from Istanbul Airport to Cappadocia. Arrival in Cappadocia and meeting at the airport just outside the arrival’s gate with a sign bearing your name then transferred to tour starting point where you will have to meet and depart for your tour.
First we visit to Rose Valley, one of the most beautiful trekking valleys in Cappadocia, and explore the famous rock- cut churches by hiking through the valley. Rest in Cavusin, an old Greek village, known for its Christian houses and churches.
After having time for lunch visit Ortahısar Castle, similar to Uchisar Castle in style, where storage caves can also be observed. In the afternoon visit Kaymakli (or Ozkonak) Underground City where early Christians lived in fear and faith.
On the way back, we are going to visit panoramic Pigeon Valley where pigeons contributed to the lives of locals with their manure to fertilize the vineyards. You may also like to taste Cappadocia wine in a local winery. Overnight in Cappadocia.
After your tour we will transfer you to Cappadocia Airport for your flight back to Istanbul. Upon arrival to airport we will meet and transfer you to your hotel.
Places You’ll See :
- All Fees and Taxes
- Domestic flights
- Lunch in a local restaurant
- Professional Cappadocia Tour Guide
- Transportation in A/C vehicles
- Personal expenses
- Tipping (Optional)
- Easy Tracking
- Group Tour
- Historical Tour
Why Book With Us?
- As a well known Tourism Agency, we believe that there should not be any suprises for you whether it be your trips, accommodations or so forth.
- Therefore, our team is extremely dedicated and here to make sure that your are well satisfied throughout your journey.