Byzantian & Ottoman Relics
Byzantian & Ottoman Relics
The Price : € 70.00
Select Date and Travelers
Duration : 1 Day
Start Location: Istanbul
A Full Day Walking Tour
- Browse the famous Grand Covered Bazaar
- Explore the cultural treasures of the Ottoman and Byzantine Empires
- Discover the heart of the Old City
- Hagia Sofia from the 6th century is the greatest piece of history of architecture, constucted by Emperor Justinian as basilica.
- Blue Mosque, built in the name of Sultan Ahmet, is famous with the blue tiles adorning the walls of it’s interior and 6 minarets.
- Hippodrome, the center of the old city where sportive and political events took place, decorated with Serpentine Column, Obelisk of Theodosius and German Fountain of Wilhelm II.
- Grand Bazaar one of the worlds biggest and the oldest covered bazaars with 4000 shops selling authentic goods, antiques, carpets, gold jewelery, leatherware and souvenirs. Also you have seen Grand Bazaar at the last movie of James Bond.
Lunch at a Turkish restaurant
- Topkapi Palace was the residence of Ottoman sultans for 400 years and now a UNESCO world heritage site as the best example of palaces. Sacred Islamic relic of prophet Mohammed, Islamic calligraphic manuscripts and murals, large collections of porcelains, robes, weapons, armors, shields, Ottoman miniatures, imperial treasures and jewelery are exhibited at the palace. (Harem is not included in the program)
- Sultan Tombs consists of five at Hagia Sophia graveyard. Tomb of Sultan Selim, built by Sinan, is the one of the most beautiful tombs. Tomb of sultan Murat II is one of the largest Ottoman tombs. Tomb of sultan Mehmet II was decorated with stars, flowers and landscape pictures which is a style different from the classical ornamentation elemnets of the period. Tombs of prices also built by Sinan.
Also visioned during the tour Galata Bridge | Golden Horn | Maiden’s Tower
⦁ We’ll pick you up from your hotel between 08:00 – 08:30 (ONLY from Sultanahmet, Laleli, Taksim areas)
⦁ Destinations: Blue Mosque, St Sophia, Grand Bazaar, Lunch, Sultan Tombs and Topkapı Palace (Harem is not included).
⦁ The tour finishes at 17:00-17:30.
Note:Hagia Sophia is closed on Monday/replaced with Yerebatan Cistern.
Blue Mosque is closed for Friday prayer.
Grand Bazaar is closed on Sunday/replaced with Handicraft Store.
Topkapi Palace is closed on Tuesday.
Sultan Tombs is closed on Monday/replaced with Little Hagia Sophia Mosque.
Places You’ll See :
- All Fees and Taxes
- Entrance fees
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Licenced Guide
- Lunch in a local restaurant
- Personal expenses
- Tipping (Optional)
- Easy Tracking
- Group Tour
- Historical Tour
Why Book With Us?
- As a well known Tourism Agency, we believe that there should not be any suprises for you whether it be your trips, accommodations or so forth.
- Therefore, our team is extremely dedicated and here to make sure that your are well satisfied throughout your journey.