Cappadocia North Tour (Red Tour)
Cappadocia North Tour (Red Tour)
The Price : € 60.00
Select Date and Travelers
Duration : 7 Hours
Start Location: Cappadocia
Welcome to an incredible journey through the mesmerizing landscapes of Cappadocia! On this full-day Cappadocia North Tour or sometimes referred as Red Tour, you will discover the hidden gems of the region, including ancient rock-carved settlements, breathtaking valley and stunning panoramic views.
Our experienced guides will take you to the most significant landmarks of the northern part of Cappadocia, including the majestic Uchisar Castle, the picturesque Devrent Valley and the impressive Goreme Open Air Museum which inhabits the early traces of Christianity.
You will also have the opportunity to visit the charming town of Urgup, famous for its traditional pottery-making and Pasabag Valley, where you can see unique fairy chimneys with multiple “heads” along with the ancient cave dwellings.
Whether you are a history enthusiast, a nature lover, or an adventure seeker, our Cappadocia North Tour is the perfect way to discover the enchanting beauty of this unique region.
- Wander through the lunar-like landscape of Cappadocia
- Explore Uchisar Castle, Devrent Imagination Valley, Monks Valley of Pasabag, Avanos Pottery Town, Goreme Open-Air Museum and Esentepe Wish Will.
- Discover the unique landscape of ancient civilizations
We’ll pick you up from your hotel between 09:30 – 10:00 AM.
Cappadocia North Tour Itinerary
- Our day begins with a visit to Devrent Valley, this is the most surreal-looking landscape. We continue on to Pashabagi also known as the Monks Valley. Because Christian hermits chose to locate hermit cells and churches.
- Here you can witness all the stages of the formation of fairy chimneys. Next we proceed to Avanos (Venessa) the pottery centre of Cappadocia. This village is set on the banks of the Kizilirmak (Red River) named due to red clay deposits. Here you will see potters at work using kick wheels, the technique which has remained unchanged for generations. Lunch is taken in a Local Restaurant.
- Next we continue with Göreme Open Air Museum. The world’s most significant Byzantine cave churches are found in these once remote valleys where monks and nuns pursued monastic life from the 3rd century on.
- We take an opportunity to view Göreme from Esentepe.
This tour ends approximately at 17:00
Places You’ll See :
1Devrent Imagination Valley
2Monks Valley of Pasabag
4Avanos (Venessa) Pottery Town
5Goreme Open Air Museum
6Panoramic View of Goreme Esentepe Wish Will
Devrent Imagination Valley
The Devrent Valley is well known for its moon like landscape full of small pointed fairy chimneys. It is time to stretch the legs when you arrive at the valley and there will be a short walk for you to wander through the unusual and breathtaking landscape.
Monks Valley of Pasabag
Pasabag is also commonly known as Monks Valley. This stop is one of the most famous as it showcases the three headed fairy chimney, which is a sight to behold. The viewpoint is a highlight of many peoples North Cappadocia day tour as it showcases the magnificent and crazy landscape of Cappadocia and the famous fairy chimneys.
The three rock formations known as the Three Beauties are the famous symbol and landmark of the town of Urgup. The three rocks are of a legendary story of past times and are said to represent a runaway princess with her husband, that no one approved of and their small child. Be sure to ask your guide for the full story.
Avanos (Venessa) Pottery Town
The town of Avanos is famous for its pottery industry which dates back to as far as 3000 B.C. The town still holds onto its history as it is scattered with little pottery workshops where the trade has been passed on down through the centuries. The clay used for the pottery is all sourced from the Red River which runs straight through the heart of town. There is the opportunity today to visit a pottery workshop and see the craftsmanship of the pottery trade.
Goreme Open Air Museum
The Goreme Open Air Museum is an impressive collection of churches, chapels and monasteries that date back to the middle ages. As you are guided through you will be amazed with how rich the museum is in history and be amazed with the numerous frescoes that have been beautifully preserved. The museum is a highlight within the Cappadocia region.
Panoramic View of Goreme Esentepe Wish Will
Located between Uchisar and Goreme is a panoramic viewpoint which showcases the beauty of the crazy landscape that makes up Cappadocia. The Goreme Esentepe viewpoint overlooks the town of Uchisar as well as over the valleys that are scattered with the famous fairy chimneys of Cappadocia. The best panorama of the area, be sure your camera batteries are charged.
- Entrance fees
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Lunch in a local restaurant
- Professional Guide
- Transportation in A/C vehicles
- Personal expenses
- Tipping (Optional)
- Easy Tracking
- Group Tour
- Historical Tour
Why Book With Us?
- As a well known Tourism Agency, we believe that there should not be any suprises for you whether it be your trips, accommodations or so forth.
- Therefore, our team is extremely dedicated and here to make sure that your are well satisfied throughout your journey.