Last updated: (01 May 2022)
Please read these Terms and Conditions (“Terms”, “Terms and Conditions”) carefully before using the https://www.marcopoloturkey.com/ website operated by NADİR TURİZM VE TİCARET LİMİTED ŞİRKETİ. A Registered Member Of Turkish Travel Agencies Association (TURSAB license 1434). (“us”, “we”, or “our”).
Your access to and use of the Service is conditioned on your acceptance of and compliance with these Terms. These Terms apply to all visitors, users and others who access or use the Service.
By accessing or using the Service you agree to be bound by these Terms. If you disagree with any part of the terms then you may not access the Service.
- All holidays and offers on this website are sold subject to the following conditions.
- It is our intention to set out the responsibilities which we at Marco Polo Turkey, have to You (the client), and any member of your party and which the client, in turn, have to us when a contract is made between us and the client. You should, therefore, read and understand the contents.
- The person whose name is on the booking contract will be considered as the group’s leader and therefore accepts these terms and conditions for and on behalf of all the persons named on, substituted or added to the booking reservation form. All persons named will be deemed to have read, understood and accepted all Booking Conditions.
- All trips featured on Marco Polo Turkey websites, are operated by or sold by Marco Polo Turkey as an agent of local Operators/providers, as well as our local products. Your contract will be with Marco Polo Turkey as an agent of other Product Operators.
- All prices shown/displayed are current at the time of putting the website online (except for the prices of package tours). In their cases, the customer has to get in contact with the agency for enlightment. The information given here is based on the latest information available. The prices may increase/or decrease actively online due to various reasons. This would not affect your rates or terms once your booking has been confirmed.
- Liability of Marco Polo Turkey. Marco Polo Turkey accepts no liability if additional costs to the Client are incurred through delay, accident or disruption of the Product(s) beyond the control of Marco Polo Turkey . In respect of carriage by air, sea, and rail and the provision of accommodation, Marco Polo Turkey’s liability in the said cases will be limited in the manner provided by the relevant international conventions. Marco Polo Turkey can accept no responsibilities in changes and delays to the schedule, due to breakdown in machinery or equipment, strikes, theft, baggage loss/damage, or injury arising out of or in connection with hotel accommodation or any transportation, baggage handling, or any matter related hereto. All such losses or expenses will be borne by the client.
- No-Show If a client fails to join a product or joins it after departure, or leaves before product completion, no refund by Marco Polo Turkey will be made.
- Agent’s responsibility: it is your agent’s responsibility to advise Marco Polo Turkey of any special requirements you may have and to communicate to you any changes or alterations advised to your agent by Marco Polo Turkey.
- Information and Pricing Policy Before a booking is confirmed, Marco Polo Turkey reserves the right to amend any brochure, website and in-store prices due to any circumstances outside the control of Marco Polo Turkey such, as but not limited to changes relating to governmental action, increases in transportation costs (including schedule airfares and the cost of fuel) changes in any dues, taxes or fees chargeable for services (including landing taxes or embarkation/disembarkation fees at airports), We reserve the right to change or adjust any of the facilities, transport, services, increases in admission fees itineraries, prices gasoline price increases and similar causes or vessels described here without being liable for any compensation or refund. increases in admission fees and exchange rates. In such a case each passenger (client) could be required to pay an additional amount for the product reflecting such increases.
- Client Exclusion and Local Law Clients agree to accept the authority and decisions of Marco Polo Turkey employees and its supplier’s employees and representatives whilst on the product. If in the opinion of such persons, the health or conduct of a Client before or after the departure appears likely to endanger the safe, comfortable or happy progress of the product, the Client may be excluded from all or part of the product without prior notice or any liability on the part of Marco Polo Turkey. In the case of Client ill health, Marco Polo Turkey may make such arrangements as it sees fit and will recover the costs thereof from the Client. Passengers (clients) agree to comply with the laws and regulations of Turkey. Marco Polo Turkey shall not be liable to any Clients who commit illegal or unlawful acts whilst on the product.
- Flight, Ferry and Bus Intermediary. Marco Polo Turkey is an intermediary between the client and any flight/ferry/bus companies, if any changes are made by the company including delays, cancellations or any other unforeseen circumstance, Marco Polo Turkey holds no liability. If the company issues any changes, Marco Polo Turkey guarantees contact with their clients to inform of the changes, delays and/or cancellations. In case of delays, Marco Polo Turkey will not issue refunds, however in cases of cancellations by the flight, ferry or bus company, refunds will be given as per the relevant companies their terms and conditions. Marco Polo Turkey is always on the client’s side, will do everything in their best interest.
- Adventure Activities: Marco Polo Turkey can arrange for the client to participate in ‘Adventure activities’ such as Paragliding, Diving or Hot Air Ballooning, for example, however, as a representative agent for the activity companies, any legalities resulting from accident, damage or loss is in no way the responsibility of Marco Polo Turkey, the Client undertakes such risks at their own volition. However, as an intermediary between the client and the adventure company Marco Polo Turkey will fulfil its Duty of Care by providing products of a reasonable standard and will supply any information necessary. It is the Client’s responsibilıty to be aware of the possible risks in their chosen activity. Marco Polo Turkey accepts no liability if there has been no fault on the part of Marco Polo Turkey or its’ suppliers, and the reason for the claimed damages was either the Client’s fault or a result of unusual circumstances beyond the control of Marco Polo Turkey or of any consequences that could not have been avoided even with all due care.
- Travel Documentation: It is the responsibility of the Clients to be in possession of a valid passport (of which many countries require passports to be valid for 6 months beyond your stay), the correct visa for entry into Turkey, Despite it being an online visa, it is recommended to print it out, such as related to vaccinations, preventative medicines, and other medical certificates and all necessary travel documents. Marco Polo Turkey is not liable for damages arising from changes in regulations or laws to the necessary travel document requirements. Information about these matters is given in good faith by Marco Polo Turkey but without liability. In the case of lost or stolen documents while Marco Polo Turkey is more than happy to assist in any way possible we cannot be held responsible for any additional costs and the Client is not entitled to any reimbursement or compensation of paid travel expenses.
- Travel and Health Insurances: Clients are fully responsible and strongly advised by Marco Polo Turkey to obtain their Travel and Health insurance (sickness & accidents), covering baggage loss/damage, theft, cancellations. repatriation or otherwise while travelling. In case of these events during the product, we shall not be liable for any cost or expense arising therefrom. All commercial and public purpose vessels used by Marco Polo Turkey are required by Turkish law to have minimum liability insurance.
- Health and Conduct: Before booking, all Clients are expected to satisfy themselves that they are fit and able to complete the itinerary of their chosen product. Any Clients with pre-existing medical conditions or illness must declare the true nature of such conditions at the time of booking, and make arrangements for the provision of any medication or other treatment that may be required during the product. Such a client is required to provide a medical statement from a General Practitioner to confirm they are fit to travel. Failure to make any such disclosure will constitute a breach of these booking conditions and relieve Marco Polo Turkey from any obligations and liability. Inoculations and Allergies It is the Client’s responsibility to have any inoculations that may be required for your intended destinations. It is required that Clients advise Marco Polo Turkey of any allergies or other physical conditions that might affect you during the product. Any other relevant medical and health information should be disclosed to Marco Polo Turkey before booking.
- Airport transfers can be included at an extra cost from any airport in Turkey. Full flight details including arrival time and flight number must be provided with a minimum of a week before arrival. Failure to provide full and correct details may void any refunds for transfers.
- Free Time Certain periods during the product may be designated as “free time”. These periods are provided primarily to give the Client a chance to rest, relax and/ or explore. The Client is free to use this free time as they wish. Marco Polo Turkey does not accept responsibility for any loss, accident or injury which occurs during such ‘free time’.
- Photography: Our company representatives may take photographs and films of our Clients while using any Marco Polo Turkey Product. Any client that feels uncomfortable in these circumstances should let the representative know not to taking photography. Marco Polo Turkey reserves the right to use said material for any advertising or promotion without obtaining further consent. Marco Polo Turkey also reserves the right to use any comments Clients make, questionnaires or complimentary letters concerning Marco Polo Turkey or its Products in promotional literature without obtaining further consent. If the Client does not want any images to be used by Marco Polo Turkey they may advise us by email.
- Personal Data All Client data is protected under the “Protection of Personal Data” laws in Turkey. It is considered that when the contract is signed the Client agrees to the use of this data. Marco Polo Turkey reserves the right to use said data for direct marketing purposes, market research, client demographics, statistics and information for Marco Polo Turkey and its business partners. If the Client does not want any data to be used by Marco Polo Turkey they may advise by email and said data will be destroyed.
Acceptance of Terms:
Receipt of a deposit or final payment indicates that product participants (clients) have read and accepted all the above and affiliated website terms and conditions and agree to abide by them.
Turkey Tour Packages & Land Tour Products
- Deposit Payments for Marco Polo Turkey: Bookings for all products can only be confirmed when a deposit or the full payment has been received by Marco Polo Turkey. The amount of which will be confirmed automatically by our online booking system or with a member of our team if the booking is made via E-mail.
- Balance Payment: Depending on the product, payment may be requested either before the departure or on arrival. All products are processed individually and all details will be confirmed on either your ticket or your itinerary.
- Balance payments Paid on arrival to Turkey at the time of check-in, some products require pre-payment. For ‘arrival payments’ we accept the balance by cash in EURO, USD, GBP, AUD, CAD or Turkish Lira.
- Payment will be taken at the current exchange rate on the day of payment, we use mainly the rates announced by TCMB (Central Bank of Turkey) or other reliable sources.
- Marco Polo Turkey accepts no responsibility for variations in the final transaction amount due to fees and exchange rates used by banking institutions.
- Cancellations By Clients. Clients can cancel their contract with Marco Polo Turkey at any time. The cancellation will be effective at the time that Marco Polo Turkey receives a written request from the Agent or for direct bookings, from the Client. Clients who wish to cancel their product for any reason shall be entitled to reimbursement, the amount of which depends on the timing of the cancellation, see below.
- Cancellation Fees: (Incorporating Products, Hotels, Buses, Tours, Airport Transfer, Activity and Ferry) • Unless otherwise stated, 45 or more days notice Turkey Travel Marco Polo Turkey will accept cancellation and refund all money, except for an agreed 30% of the total product cost. Plus third party: Flight, Hotel, Ferry, Tours, Airport Transfer, Activity and Bus cancellation fees. • Unless otherwise stated, 21 to 45 days notice Marco Polo Turkey will accept cancellation and refund all money, except for an agreed 50% of the total product cost. Plus third party: Flight, Hotel, Ferry, Tours, Airport Transfer, Activity and Bus cancellation fees. • Marco Polo Turkey is an intermediary between Flight, Hotel, Ferry, Tours, Airport Transfer, Activity and Bus companies all of which have separate cancellation fees. The client will be notified of all charges regarding the cancellation of any/all of these services. • Unless otherwise stated, deposits collected based on the contract are not refundable.
- Open/Alternative Date Transfer Policy Due to any unforeseen events where a Clients circumstances change if notice is given 3 weeks (21 days) before the product, Marco Polo Turkey will offer the Client an open date option with no surcharge or transfer fees. All deposits from the original booking will transfer over to the new dates to be confirmed between the client and Marco Polo Turkey. All dates will depend on availability and prices may increase or decrease depending on advertised prices when the new booking is confirmed. This policy does not cover any flights, hotels, ferry or bus cancellation fees, it will be deducted and will be added to the balance of your next confirmed booking.
- Cancellation By Marco Polo Turkey. Marco Polo Turkey reserve the right to decline and cancel any confirmed booking at our discretion without further explanation.
- Product Exclusions International flights, Airport arrival/departure taxes, Customs duties, Visas, Personal/Health insurance, Medical expenses, Extra baggage fees on any flights, extra meals or beverages not included in the product itinerary, entrance fees that are not stated as part of the product, fees for changing money, fees for taking photographs or videos in certain locations, laundry, tips or gratuities, Any personal items. If not mentioned in the inclusions section of the itinerary then it’s not included in the product.
- Product Changes. Marco Polo Turkey reserves the right at any time to change the carrier utilized, hotel or any part of the itinerary, in the event of unforeseen circumstances taking into account the best interest of our client at all times. In such cases, we will offer an alternative. On public holidays and during the peak times of the season when an alternative may not be available, we will endeavour to offer alternative dates. These changes may also affect departure/arrival from cities/ports if this is the case Marco Polo Turkey will cover all transfer costs to new destination/ports from original destination/ports on the booking. No extra charges will result to the client, however, under these circumstances, no refunds whatsoever will be given.
- Turkey Tours Packages and Travel Complaints: In the unlikely event of a complaint, regarding during the product, clients must immediately bring the complaint to the attention of Marco Polo Turkey member immediately (if available), or at the first opportunity at head office, so that action can be taken. Should Marco Polo Turkey be unable to resolve the problem immediately, a complaint must be made in writing by the Client and sent to us within 14 days of completion of the product. Complaints that are received 15 days or more after the completion of the product will not be acknowledged.
- Guaranteed Departure Products on land tours. A very large number of our products are guaranteed – Guaranteed Departure Products are guaranteed to depart on the dates advertised in the website except where beyond the control of Marco Polo Turkey by Force Majeure.
- Minimum Number Products on land tours Very few products operated by Marco Polo Turkey have a minimum number requirement. If a minimum number product fails to secure sufficient bookings, then Marco Polo Turkey reserves the right to cancel the product, Marco Polo Turkey will do their best to find a suitable alternative. The Client will be given the option of changing to an alternative product of comparable value or upgrading. If Marco Polo Turkey is not able to find an alternative product with a date that meets the Client’s plans, the Client will have the option of a full refund. Marco Polo Turkey will inform the Client or Client’s Agent.
- Domestic Flight Luggage allowance – on all Marco Polo Turkey Package products that include a domestic flight the baggage allowance is 15 Kilograms per person (client) if any extra weight allowance is required then Marco Polo Turkey must be notified by the client at the time of booking. All extra allowance weight above 15 Kilograms is subject to extra charges depending on the airlines. If the client baggage allowance is overweight, Marco Polo Turkey takes no responsibility for any costs.
- Hotel/Airport Transfers: Any hotel or Flight booked by the client independently, Marco Polo Turkey will need accurate information of the pickup and drop off points for transfers. Details of all online hotel/flight booking documents must be emailed to us, a week before the start of the product. (information must include flight number, times, hotel name, address etc). If a client provides Marco Polo Turkey with incorrect information Marco Polo Turkey will not be responsible for any liabilities.
- Hotel Accommodation: Picking the right hotel On package products, where accommodation is included, Marco Polo Turkey will do its best to pick the right hotel. The client will receive a detailed itinerary with the hotel listed and we will ask for confirmation. The client is responsible for checking details of the hotel including reviews, locations etc. If the client is not happy with the accommodation, the client should let us know immediately, before the itinerary is approved. After the itinerary is approved, if the client changes their mind there is no guarantee that an alternative hotel will be offered.
- Hotel Complaints: If there are any problems or concerns whilst at the chosen hotel, it is the full responsibility of the hotel to make any amends to the client and to take action under the hotel’s rules and regulations.
- Hotel Check in Check out times On all package products, all hotel check-in and check-out times vary, according to individual hotel policy. Marco Polo Turkey Package product does not include early check-in or late check-out fees.
- Daily Pick Up & Drop off Times: Pick up and drop off times on bookings or publications are all estimated times.
- Pick up and drop off times could change or delayed because of events outside of Marco Polo Turkey’ control (ie traffic) If any changes occur you will always be informed before the product by Marco Polo Turkey. (by either email, text notifications or notification on reception at the hotel or face-to-face).
- The client must be ready at the time given so it does not affect onward pickups. If the client is not at the arranged place at the arranged time, Marco Polo Turkey reserves the right to continue with the product without the client. No refund will be given for the product under these circumstances.
- Guide and Drivers Authority and Responsibility: Whilst on any part of the product the guide or driver has the authority to do whatever is necessary regarding the safety of both the client and themselves at all times. Our Guide/Driver/Captain also has the overall authority to terminate or change any product due to any circumstances connected to dangerous and highly inappropriate behaviour of any client, adverse extreme weather conditions or sudden deterioration of anyone’s medical condition.
Links To Other Web Sites
Our Service may contain links to third-party web sites or services that are not owned or controlled by NADİR TURİZM VE TİCARET LİMİTED ŞİRKETİ.
NADİR TURİZM VE TİCARET LİMİTED ŞİRKETİ. has no control over, and assumes no responsibility for, the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third party web sites or services. You further acknowledge and agree that NADİR TURİZM VE TİCARET LİMİTED ŞİRKETİ. shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on or through any such web sites or services.
We may terminate or suspend access to our Service immediately, without prior notice or liability, for any reason whatsoever, including without limitation if you breach the Terms. All provisions of the Terms which by their nature should survive termination shall survive termination, including, without limitation, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, indemnity and limitations of liability.
We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to modify or replace these Terms at any time. If a revision is material we will try to provide at least 30 days’ notice prior to any new terms taking effect. What constitutes a material change will be determined at our sole discretion.
If you have any questions about these Terms, please contact us by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org