BURSA & ULUDAG TOUR
Located on the slopes of Uludağ Mountain in the North-Western part of Turkey, Bursa represents the creation of an urban and rural system establishing the first capital city of the Ottoman Empire and the Sultan’s seat in the early 14th century. In the empire’s establishment process, Bursa became the first city, which was shaped by kulliyes, in the context of waqf (public endowments) system determining the expansion of the city and its architectural and stylistic traditions.
The specific development of the city emerged from five focal points, mostly on hills, where the five sultans (Orhan Ghazi, Murad I, Yıldırım Bayezid, Çelebi Mehmed, Murad II) established public kulliyes consisting of mosques, madrasahs (school), hamams (public baths), imarets (public kitchens) and tombs . These kulliyes, featuring as centres with social, cultural, religious and educational functions, determined the boundaries of the city. Houses were constructed near the kulliyes, turning into neighborhoods surrounding the kulliyes within the course of time. Kulliyes were also related with rural areas due to the waqf system. For example, the aim of Cumalıkızık as a waqf village, meaning that it permanently belonged to an institution (a kulliye), was to provide income for Orhan Ghazi Kulliye, as stated in historical documents.
- 08:00-08:30 – Pick ups from the hotels.
- 09.00 – Depart from Istanbul with a minibus and travel to Bursa, enjoying the lovely country and seaside. Opportunity to see local products of the region like chesnut,honey,olive oil, Turkish delight.
- 11:30 – Approximate arrival time in Bursa and visit Green Mosque and The Tomb.
- Drive down the mountain, and visit Inkaya, 600 Hundreds Year old plane tree and the village.
- 18:00 – Depart for Istanbul
- Depending on the traffic, arrive Istanbul at about 10.00 pm and transfers to the hotels. Van will get on the ferry from Topcular to Eskihisar for half an hour.
Then catch the most famous cable car to mountain for barbeque lunch, free time for ATV Safari or ski motor and skiing.
Note: When the cable car can not be operated due the weather conditions, you will be driven up to the mountain.