Winter Price: €105
Tour Style : Small Group Tour & Family Friendly
Duration : 1 Day
Departures : All year round
Highlights : Temple of Artemis, House of the Virgin Mary, Great Theatre of Ephesus
Your tour of Ephesus and Virgin Mary’s House will begin with an early morning flight from Istanbul to Izmir airport. Upon arrival at the airport you will be transferred to Kuşadası where you will meet your professional tour guide to begin your full day small group tour.
On this tour you will visit:
You will enter through the Magnesia Gate and begin a slow, downhill walk with your guide into the ruins of this Roman provincial capital. Your route takes you past the Odeum, the Celsus Library, the Temple of Hadrian, the Fountain of Trajan and the Great Theater. The Theater had seating for 25,000, was the site where St. Paul preached to the Ephesians, and is used today for a local spring festival.
- Temple of Artemis: The Temple of Artemision is known as one of the Seven Wonders of the Antic world. It has been built in the areas of Ephesus on a flat area which has over the centuries turned into a swamp.
- House of Virgin Mary: It is the place where Mary may have spent her last days. Indeed, she may have come in the area together with Saint John.
- Great Theatre of Ephesus: The name theatre derrives from the Greek word of “theatron” which means “the place to observe.” This is the place where St. John cried out “Great is Artemis of Ephesians!”
At the end of the tour, you will be transferred to the Izmir Airport for an evening flight back to Istanbul.
On your arrival, you will be met and transferred to your hotel.
What is included?
- Transfer to and from hotel.
- All entrance fees mentioned in the itinerary
- Professional English-speaking guide
What is excluded?
- Please note that airfare is not included.